Foothill Quilters Guild, PO Box 5653, Auburn CA 95604
The Ugly Bridesmaid Dress Challenge
1. Just like being a bridesmaid, you will be awarded a dress that you did not choose. You will pick a brown paper bag with a bridesmaid dress in it.
2. You may trade or share pieces of your dress with other challenge participants
3. You may add other fabrics to your quilt
4. Your item may or may not be wedding/ bridesmaid related.
5. Item must contain a recognizable portion of the dress in the front of the project.
6. Item can be a quilt, wearable art, doll or other fiber art.
7. Participant will hang a picture of the original bridesmaid dress by the completed item.
1. Your item will be displayed at the March FQG meeting for member voting
2. Cost for participation is $8
3. Please fill out a FQG entry form for the quilt show (work in progress picture is ok). You may or may not elect to have the item judged.
Making the first cut:
Remember 86% of dresses are only worn once !! it is ok to make it into something beautiful
Thank you! Many thanks to the Assistance League of placer County for the donation of the Bridesmaid dresses. Please consider donating a gently used prom dress to offset their donation.
For more information, contact Sharon Rizzato.