The theme for the 2019 quilt show is “Reflections.” In reflecting on the guild, we realized that one of the benefits to belonging to a guild is the friendships we make related to our common interests. We meet, eat together, sew together, take classes, go to quilt shows, and work together toward common goals. We often become best friends with our quilting buddies.
Pictured here is a block called “Best Friends.” This year’s challenge is to incorporate this block into a quilt.
Here are the rules:
1. You must use at least one of these blocks in your quilt (or wearable). The pattern is for an 8” block but you can make it any size or shape. It just needs to be recognizable.
2. Your quilt (or wearable) can be any size up to twin (72”x90”).
Please note the pattern is 2 pages. Plus, the diamond blocks can be paper-pieced and if you choose to paper-piece them, the pattern is on the link that says: Click here for the templates! We have also created some (hopefully) helpful cutting instructions. This block is from a website, Quilters Cache, where we have permission to use the patterns as long as we note where they came from.
4. If you can’t access the pattern online, please let us know and we’ll print one for you.
5. Finished Challenge items are due at the March 11, 2019 guild meeting, where they will be revealed and members will vote for their favorites. Prizes and Members Choice ribbons will be awarded. We will need to know, no later than the February 11 meeting, the size of your entry so we can plan appropriately for the Reveal.
6. To enter your item in the quilt show, complete a regular quilt show application – Challenge category -- and turn it in by the February 11 quilt show application deadline. It doesn’t have to be finished by February 11 to enter it into the show.